Friday, April 17, 2009

All I Want is a Diet Coke

Day #17 April's PAD Challenge entry:

All I want is a Diet Coke

I love Diet Coke
I love the caffeine, the bubbles, and the artificial goodness of it all.

Wanting

Needing

A Diet Coke this early in the morning,
Makes this weird girl do strange things
Post a random jumble of nonsense and pretend it’s a poem
Admit that my brain worms love Diet Coke almost as much as I do
State that I am pretty sure…
Diet Coke will bring about the zombie apocalypse.
My senses tingle at the thought
A Diet Coke

Right here

Right now

Foamy mouth and glassy eyes
I CANNOT function like this!
All I want is a DIET COKE, DAMN IT!!!

~2
running to the store... brb


This is Day 17 post for the Poem-A-Day Challenge: http://blog.writersdigest.com/poeticasides/
Today's prompt is: All I want is ________

1 comment:

  1. My son has the same addiction but for Red Bull LOL

    That last line makes me think of Cartman from South Park - I re-read it thinking of his voice and it made the poem even funnier!

    Like the Coke - this is a classic!

    michele

    ReplyDelete