Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Falling Behind and Catching Up

It's been about a week since I have posted here or posted for the Poem-A-Day Challenge on Writer's Digest. I am not a poet, but I have been enjoying writing the challenges; so I will try to catch up in the next few days (you will notice quite a few posts).

I am jumping ahead and posting for day 14 (even though I should start with Day 7), and I am kinda sorta cheating... the prompt was to either write a love poem or write an anti-love poem. I already have a perfect fit, so I am going to repost it here.

Day #14 April's PAD Challenge entry:


It Would be OH SO Nice

Every time I see your face my stomach turns
My eyes roll and I look away in disgust
That shirt… the way you comb your hair
Makes me want to vomit on your shoes

Every time you open your mouth garbage spews
Rotting flesh and soured milk
I can’t stand the sound of your voice
Your lack of imagination
Your misplaced wit and spoiled integrity
Don’t talk to me

Every time you walk by I grit my teeth
It takes all that I am to bite my tongue and be civil
To not blurt out extreme malevolence
To look away and smile and try to think a happy thought...
A life without you in it

~2

This is Day 14 post for the Poem-A-Day Challenge: http://blog.writersdigest.com/poeticasides/
Today's prompt is: love poem or anti-love poem

No comments:

Post a Comment