Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Moment

Day #23 April's PAD Challenge entry:

The Moment

I am not going to sit and relive how I have wronged you
I am not going to batter dip myself in guilt and wallow in my mistakes
You know I am sorry; I have told you over and over but
I refuse to relive those moments every day of my life
It happened, it’s over and done… no more regrets
The path we are on now is moving forward and we will make new mistakes tomorrow
Today I am here and so are you
Let’s love and laugh and not linger on the past
Let’s forgive and forget
In a moment, I am going to kiss you, and you’re going to smile at me
Right here and right now is
ALL that matters.


This is Day 23 post for the Poem-A-Day Challenge: http://blog.writersdigest.com/poeticasides/
Today's prompt is: regret

No comments:

Post a Comment