Monday, April 5, 2010

Pimpin' Novak

Long ago, in a land far, far away (MySpace)...

I met an incredibly talented writer/illustrator (add filmmaker into the mix) by the name of Steven Novak, who blogged multiple times a week. Novak's top blog posts were filled with stories of his awkward youth, trying adulthood, and HILARIOUS fiction. He quickly scored readers by the hundreds, and personally responded to each and every comment.

Like most of his older readers, I felt a sort of family attachment. I purchased any self-published projects, to not only support my friend, but also because I was honestly proud of his accomplishments.

So...

Please check out Steve Novak's newest baby, Forts: Book 1 Fathers & Sons!

Description:

For Tommy Jarvis, life has never been simple - quite the opposite, in fact. It is, however, about to become decidedly more difficult. Moments after stumbling through a doorway to another world, Tommy and his friends discover they are the key to ending a war in which the casualties are too great to count and their chances of survival are almost nonexistent. - Amazon listing



Check out the video trailer for Forts: Book 1 Fathers & Sons

I have an affinity for geeks, goobers, and underdogs. I am not saying that Steven Novak is all of the above (maybe a couple), but he is sure to pass on some of those traits to his characters. I am really excited about this book, and I look forward to welcoming these characters into my awkward family.

<3
~2

No comments:

Post a Comment