Thursday, November 3, 2011

NaNo Journal: November 3, 2011




November 3, 2011

I'm so jealous of people who jump into NaNoWriMo each year and can churn out a crazy number of words. I'm three days in, and hating the crap out of it.

Let's be honest--we all knew I'd be bitching by now. You can say it. It's cool.

While I'd love to throw in the towel, I'm not. I won't meet my daily word limits, and I am pretty sure that I won't make the 50K the end of this month. .

I'm OK with that. I AM pushing forward.

I've spent a lot of time the last few months, planning out where my story is going, and that's exciting business. I can't just kill it, so I will keep writing this month... next month and months after that.

I'm still excited to be taking part. Even though I won't win, I'm still happy to be part of such a huge event, and I will happily help you celebrate your victories :-)

~2

2 comments:

  1. You can do it!! If your planned out story seems too rigid now, why not scrap your notes, or even start a new idea from scratch?

    The first year I did it, I flew by the seat of my pants. The story sucked but I "won." Last year, I had an outline, notecards, the worked. I don't think I technically finished the story, but I met the word count. Haven't re-read that one yet, and a little scared to!

    This year, I'm just having fun with it. I've started three "chapters" and finished one. The other two, I've hit points where I KNOW I'm writing crap, but... at least I'm writing! The purpose of Nano this year, for me, was just to get back to writing. Have fun with it! I think you'll surprise yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you believe in the project, there's no reason to throw in the towel and if participating in NaNo pushes you to be more disciplined about writing daily and gets the story on paper faster, it's a win. 50K or no 50K. Don't let the pressure of daily word counts take away the joy of creating something new. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete