Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Perferred Insanity

***written for the draw: “Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you”-C.G Jung (1875-1961)***

Preferred Insanity

We have become seperated by double panes; you seem to see only your reflection while I see a blurry image of what I thought I knew. Lately it seems as though your touch has become distracted… I guess it doesn’t matter… I am so numb. Plagued with visions of the past and promises of tomorrow, my brain is shutting down… or shutting me out. A thick haze drapes over me and an intolerable weight rests heavily on my shoulders and the back of my neck. What was once the smallest effort has become the largest chore, and I sink back into my hole and cower. Waiting for the right hand to pull me out of this chasm I have hidden myself away in… waiting for the right words to trigger the emotion I so long for… Waiting for the right time to enter society again with an optimistic view and to live a life of preferred insanity.

~2

No comments:

Post a Comment