Thursday, September 7, 2006

Moon Wishes

I know it sounds ridiculous, and believe me I thought about not mentioning it… but tonight I wished on the moon.

Really, who does this? You know so many people that wish on stars, or that lengthy eyelash… or even those who try their luck with fortune cookies… but really, the moon?

I am not sure why I did it. I am at a point in my life it only makes sense to make wishes. My head is so full of dreams that I cannot seem to make a reality, but those dreams carry me on from day to day. I wished on the moon for the simple reason it stole my breath this evening. It was so remarkably beautiful, I couldn’t help but wish on it. I’ve been doing this alot… sometimes I wish on people. I wished on this old lady today. She had her hair freshly done from the salon, no doubt — I knew she would be a good choice for wishing. As I sat in line at the school, waiting for my son to get out… I wished on this dented SUV. It was a lovely blue, and it had a darwin fish on it… and I KNEW I should wish on that one.


I am just a dreamer, when I saw that moon tonight, I wanted to share it with the world. I wanted you all to look through my eyes at that exact moment and see exactly why I thought it was beautiful. I wanted you to think all the random thoughts that floated in my head, and I wanted you to feel the deepest wishes in my heart. I wanted you to know, that tonight I made a wish for you… to wish too.
~2


No comments:

Post a Comment