Thursday, December 21, 2006

I'll Be Home for Christmas

Wow, another year came and gone, and all I have to show for it is old age spots and the beginning of a wrinklier me. I started blogging here on myspace in April, and I have made some of the best friends a girl could ask for. A few I even met, and have crossed over from net friend to “real life” friend… I am such a lucky girl.

Tonight, after DH (Dear Husband for those of you just now tuning in) gets off work, we are heading back to Oklahoma to spend the holidays with our family. I am extremely excited about going home, and can’t wait to see everyone. We thought it would be best to drive all night, so the chillin’s can sleep… making the drive waaay more tolerable for the both of us.

I love Phoenix, but it just doesn’t feel like it’s Christmas time here. The houses are decorated, but the feeling just isn’t here. I want to be able to walk out side and see my breath and feel the cold kisses of the night air bless my nose, ears, and cheeks. I want to smell wood fireplaces blazing, and taste the hot cocoa in the air. Christmas carolers stage left, and I want to see them brightly colored in traditional Christmas garb… with bells on dammit. Bring in the snow… lots of it, and maybe a slight wind.. carriage rides… que the laughing children and kissing couples.

Enter the cozy home… smell of cookies, cakes, and pies fills the air. I want to warm my pink hands over the furnace and wrap up in that beautiful quilt my sister made last year… thawing my toes slowly. Welcoming hugs from those loved ones that always warm my heart, and just breathing in… home.

I have never been so homesick in all my life as I am this holiday season.

I will probably be away most of the next couple weeks, due to my mother’s crappy internet, but know I am thinking of you and wishing you the HAPPIEST of HOLIDAYS! I should be back in full force on the 6th of January… I hope to see you all then.

If you’re bored, go back through some of my old draws and write a piece or two for me to read when I get back. I will start a regular draw after the first of the year… and I promise to write too.

~2

*******TAKE A LOOK AT THIS CUTIE*******






MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!! BE SAFE, STAY WARM, AND DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE YOUR PORCH LIGHT ON IF YOU’RE STAYING OUT LATE ;-) HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Love,
~2

No comments:

Post a Comment