I am honestly sick of it all, too. All of the “Republicans did this,” “Democrats did that,” bullshit. Stop pointing fingers and get something done. Everyone is so quick to blame someone else for why things are in the state they are in, but no one wants to try to work together and figure shit out. It’s ridiculous… an embarrassment.
We are sitting here watching this empire crumble.
I’ve been thinking. I have some really awesome ideas to cut spending, and what a better place and time to share them with you, than on my little bloggy-blog.
2mara’s Awesome Ideas:
- Congress/House shall be ran like student government
- The job is done on a voluntary basis
- This job does not pay
- Only those with a real desire and drive to do something GOOD will apply
- You do not quit your REGULAR job to take on this responsibility
- Meetings are held online
- No reason to travel to Washington (airfare, rentals, gas, mileage)
- No reason to LIVE in Washington (rental/2nd(or 3rd) Mortgage, utilities)
- No reason to pay expenses other than highspeed internet and cell phone usage
- No reason to pay expensive upkeep on buildings/offices in Washington
- Should be illegal to accept contributions from big business
- No calls, mailers, TV ads
- Online ads only--collected in a general repository, so that voters can find them. Ads cannot list other running mates in them, the bare essentials. Videos can be available for viewing at the polls if online access if not available to the voter.
- During a campaign, I don’t care about your family orientation or religious beliefs—actions speak louder than words. (I’m Agnostic—doesn’t mean I’m immoral. I have a wonderful family—but that doesn’t mean everything’s perfect.)
- I think we should get rid of parties altogether. It’s a discriminator that holds us back from accomplishing greatness.
I think we should pool our ideas and share them. We are a brilliant collection of minds, and that resource has yet to be tapped. We have to do something because it’s just not getting done…
Let’s hear your awesome ideas.