Monday, March 28, 2011

Apocryphal Zenzizenzizenzic Project: A to Z Blog Challenge

I am taking part in the A to Z Blogging Challenge the whole month of April (see neat image in the sidebar), so that means every day of April (excluding Sundays), I have to post a blog coordinating with a letter in the alphabet (Day 1 = A, Day 2 = B, etc). Enter the Apocryphal Zenzizenzizenzic Project:

Apocryphal Zenzizenzizenzic is an old Latin phrase referring to someone who has the uncanny ability to define obscure words with pinpoint accuracy.

What?

Of course, that's what it means. You think I'd just make something like that up?

Ok, so it doesn't mean that. I could tell you what it means (because I looked it up), but I'm not going to. 

AND...

You could look it up, but you really shouldn't.

The whole month of April, I am going to post a word*--the meaning unknown to me, and post my own definition with accompanying nonsense. 

That's not all. I want you to have a go in the comments below. You also leave your own definition for the day's word. Have fun with it, too. If you know the real meaning, make something up anyway...

BEcause, there's something in it for you.

At the end of the project, on May 1, I will draw a day/letter out of a hat. The comment definitions will be listed again on this site for the world to vote on the best--most creative, fun, and/or ridiculous! The winner will get an Amazon gift card totaling 26 BUCKS--that's a dollar a letter. WOW!

Yes, it sounds kind of silly--that's the whole point. Take a couple of minutes--break away from the mundane, and exercise that imagination. 

Mark your calendar: April 1 the INSANITY BEGINS! (insert evil laugh here)
~2



*List compiled by the multi-talented, Kemari Howell... and no, I haven't a clue what any of them mean.


7 comments:

  1. You're making this really fun! I'm doing a word thing too, but I hadn't thought of a contest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute idea to keep the creativity flowing. Found you through the A-Z challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! This looks awesome! Pulled your blog from the A-Z site. Will definitely be following and stopping by to throw a few comments/guesses/definitions. Good luck on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this was BRILLIANT! You totally have my sense of humor... I am cruising through (starting at blog 555 on the list because that is sort of how I roll) and I've put this one in my 'come back often' file because you cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so clever... all these people with themes and ideas and contests!!! I'm just hoping to babble something every day for 26 days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wanting to do something fun... not so serious like my writing was getting. I thought if I threw in a contest, maybe you guys would have some fun with it too :-).

    And...

    I have all 26 words picked out, and it only takes a moment to write the silly part, so not a whole lot of thought goes into it. So... in a way, maybe I am cheating :-P

    ReplyDelete