Friday, January 19, 2007

Hard, Fast, and OH SO Loud

This week I have reentered the work force… Ok I am a trainee, but still.. they are paying me. I know this is going to sound a bit sick and twisted, but I am loving every minute of it.. well except the traffic.

The traffic is bad, but it gives me lots of time to think about all these blogs I am not posting… and man… the music. Have I told you I have a real weakness for music? I haven’t… weird.

I will try to explain…

At one point in time, the world revolved around music. My world. I couldn’t imagine a life without it. The very beat of my heart, the rhythm in my breath… the dancing algorithms that make up my brain. I wanted to be somewhere where I could be surrounded… enveloped… devoured by it. Ok I did mention I was/am a bit of a weirdo.

There are two things in this world, outside of the being a mother thing, that allow me to totally relax and forget about all those things that are heavy on my mind. One, of course, is my bath tub… the other is just resting my brain and turning up the volume.

Think about it.. is there anything better than overwhelming the senses with the sweetest aural sugar.

I was fortunate enough this year to be surprised with a little technological goodness known as ipod nano. I love this lil bit O honey, but it’s still not the same as being surround by elecrical pulses reverberated by sheer volume. To feel the music enter your very soul and radiate througout your entire body… so yeah, it’s pretty loud on the drive home, but it relieves much stress.

SO… in the truck right now.. well this week I have been rotating/revolving a couple of favorites right now CLUTCH - PURE ROCK FURY and SYSTEM OF A DOWN - MEZMERIZE. Either of these cds start my day off right… they make that 6am traffic tolerable… and even kick that 3:30 traffic in the ass too. Put a smile on my face before I enter those doors…. where I rejoin the “normal”.

Now that I feel like I have rambled and rambled… what’s in your player right now? What makes your day or starts your day off right? Stress busters?

~2

No comments:

Post a Comment