Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Make Believe

**I think I wrote this for an older draw… stumbled upon it and felt like reposting it**

Make Believe

Everyday I imagine we are close even when I distance us
My head swims with uncertainty and I tend to push you away.
I listen to the silence and pretend to hear optimistic promises
but the darkness eats them up.

Everyday I lie to myself and pretend all is well in my world
That I am happy with the choices I have made.
I listen to my heart and try to quiet it’s pleas for more than this
but I am tired and dismiss it as nothing.

Everyday my dreams of greatness sink further away
Laziness becomes the path of least resistance.
I listen to my doubts and begin to think they are truths
and I am meant to accomplish nothing.
~2

No comments:

Post a Comment