Thursday, February 1, 2007

Thank GAWD it’s Thursday!!

Driving home today, I couldn’t help but think about all the things going on around me. I have been a bit discouraged by the new job, and of course, sleep deprived, so while taking a moment to breathe I decided to take a break from the cd of choice at the present time…. King for a Day Fool for a Lifetime (Faith No More).. I slipped in something different… something I hadn’t listened to in ages, and I was pleasantly surprised on how much I had forgotten.

okokok it was the Bloodhound Gang’s Hooray for Boobies… yeah yeah don’t give me shit - it cracks me up.

Have you ever been listening to something… of course loud… and noticed how it seems life outside the vehicle is somehow in tune with the music? The shaking leaves on the passing palms, the bouncing vehicles… the peds crossing the street mouthing the words. Even each breath I took seemed to somehow fit, and that maybe I cracked some sort of secret code… there has been something going on all along behind the scenes, and I am just now beginning to understand it.

I drive on and there is a girl dressed like the statue of liberty, waving at me, smiling at me. It’s a tax service. Would someone standing on the side of the road waving at you really sway your decision on who you let process your taxes? I have always wondered why do that… and how much does it pay, because on this same stretch of road, less than a mile long, I have seen the statue of liberty, a guy waving a flag, and a few others… and it’s a busy street.. they drive like 40 mph and I can’t see someone slamming on their breaks.. crap… I need to have THEM do my taxes… RIGHT NOW. Just something I think about. I drive down the same street everyday to pick my daughter up from the sitter.

I pick up pretty girl, and drive back down the same road… palm reader…. 5 bucks. I would so love to stop, but I know Brynn wouldn’t let me… so I drive on with music — giggling “they said vagina”… hehe

Stop at the light, and in front of me is a vehicle… I can’t remember what kind, but I remember the sticker and it totally brings a smile to my face:

I brake for saucy wenches!

Suddenly I am wishing I was a saucy wench… I am not 100% sure as to what that’s talking about, but it just rolls off the tongue. Oh to be a saucy wench!

It’s amazing how many things stand out on this drive, and it makes me wonder what I am missing. Am I suppose to be seeing something, but I keep overlooking it. Like some sign from a higher power. I am not religious by any means, but I like to think I do have a purpose here. I so wish to know what it is. Maybe I should get my palm read… maybe I should get my taxes done, or maybe I can get some lessons and become that saucy wench I so long to be.

~2

No comments:

Post a Comment