Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Updates!

I attempted NaNoWriMo for the first time this year. I didn't win. I did write more than 15,000 words on one story, and over 7,000 words on my Latch Key Kid collection of tales.

I am pretty proud of myself. While I didn't finish 50,000 words in November, I don't think I have ever written 15,000 words on ANYTHING (maybe a college research paper). This is a HUGE accomplishment for me.

I started out with the Latch Key kids and got bored, so I started working on a novel that I have been thinking about for a few months. I have no idea what I am going to call it, and I am not even sure how much I want to share here. Give me some time though; I am bound to come around.

I am going to post the Latch Key stuff here, like I promised. I will start editing it today and hopefully I can post it in short story form here on the blog. I wrote it out in chapters... long ones, so I will probably break it down and post blog size segments hopefully starting tomorrow.

Notice anything different? I moved the blog... again.

I am tired of trying to stay on top of software updates, so I decided I would let a google app do it for me. I love google. I am forwarding the domain, but I am not going to host the site myself anymore (what a relief).

I posted a blog on the old hosting before I deleted it, so that emails would go out to my subscribers. I can't seem to find a way to add my old subscribers here, so you will have to subscribe again if you want to get updates via email or rss.

I am excited to have that all out of the way. What have you been up to? Did you take part in NaNoWriMo?
~2

2 comments:

  1. You still kicked my ass during NaNoWriMo. I am up to 15,000 NOW but wasn't a week ago (and I didn't work on TWO stories). I am still so glad I did it. I never would have made it this far without the humiliation I have now experienced.

    Vegas. The 10th next month. Be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete