Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Poem-A-Day Challenge #1: "Change"

I posted about this challenge yesterday on Inspiration Underground, but you can find more information HERE

April is National Poetry Month, so I might post a poem on Writer's Digest for fun [to keep me writing]; you should too. The challenge is to post a poem a day in the comments section of: http://blog.writersdigest.com/poeticasides - there will be daily prompts to help you on your way.

Today's Prompt: Origin

"Change"

Magical,
How it gathers in the crevices.
Wonderful,
How it’s always just enough
For a cup of coffee or a chicken burrito.
The origin of spare change mesmerizes me,
As the coins secretly collect under my couch cushions.

~2

*I am going to label/tag these posts "Poem-A-Day" if you wish to come and track my progress

No comments:

Post a Comment